Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
The Grant Manager is responsible for the oversight of all JRA grant funds which makes up 60% of its overall funding. This includes demonstrated knowledge in corporate and private foundations, as well as state and other government agencies. The grants manager researches prospects, writes proposals, serves as a point of contact for current and prospective grantors. The Grants Manager plans and monitors the grants calendar to meet deadlines for letters of intent, proposal submissions, and reports.
In addition to duties, responsibilities, and requirements specific to this position, all employees are required to comply with policies and procedures set forth in the JRA Personnel Policies. Employees must maintain public confidence while striving for excellence in their performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains contact with grant managers from government agencies, foundations and corporate giving departments
- Plans, develops, and coordinates a wide range of writing projects (proposals, letters, stewardship reports, etc.)
- Researches, maintains, and updates prospect information in a timely, ongoing manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in development or in a related nonprofit field
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Knowledge of and experience in working with computerized record-keeping systems
- Knowledge of print and on-line research tools
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, respond to unanticipated needs, and work effectively with a broad spectrum of people
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience. JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment and a competitive benefits package. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary history by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
James River Association
9 South 12th Street, 4th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
The position will remain open until filled, but applicants are encouraged to apply by November 8. For more information visit the employment section of our website at www.thejamesriver.org.